Saturday, June 11, 2011

Saying stupid things

A while back I had a post talking about words that are taboo, stuff like nigger and faggot. I pointed out that many people who use those words or defend others for using them like to say that we shouldn't ban or keep people from saying them. And I totally agreed. But I wanted to reiterate my point in light of these comments by Tracy Morgan:

“God don’t make no mistakes; all this gay stuff is bullshit,” Morgan said, adding the following about lesbians: “There is no way a woman could love and have sexual desire for another woman, that’s just a woman pretending because she hates a fucking man.”

And then it got personal: “If my son were gay he better come home and talk to me like a man and not [like a homosexual--Morgan mimicked a feminine voice] or I’d pull out a knife and stab that little N***** to death.”

That's some really crazy homophobic stuff, violent at that. Here is Chris Rock's comments about the criticism Morgan has righty gotten:

“I dont know about you, but I dont want to live in world where Tracy Morgan cant say foul inappropriate shit.”

First of all, I'm glad Rock had some time in between takes on whatever moronic Adam Sander movie he is making to give his thoughts. Secondly, no one is saying Morgan can't say foul inappropriate shit. They are saying he shouldn't say those things because they are really stupid and carrying out those words in action would be tragic and illegal.

This defense of saying people should be able to say stupid things is just people trying to cover their own ass for when they say stupid things. As I said before, if you don't want the criticism don't say stupid things.

No comments:

Post a Comment