Skip to main content

God in the campaign

This actually took longer to happen than I would have guessed:

“That pledge says ‘under God.’ I will not take ‘God’ out of the name of our platform. I will not take God off our coins, and I will not take God out of my heart. We’re a nation bestowed by God.”

And here...we...go,the pledge is a made up thing that was changed by a bunch of christianists in the mid 20th century to include 'god'. Your platform is moronic dribble. You should take god off our coins because it's unconstitutional. If you don't think it's unconstitutional then I want my money to say "In Batman I trust". Maybe Batman could do a better job of getting us out of this bad economy. God may be in your heart but you have no fucking clue what Jesus taught. And...no, we aren't.

If Romney wasn't such a hackish empty suit that just wants power this would have annoyed me as much as it normally does. Though I guess I have to worry that Romney is so scared that conservatives don't trust him that he will do more to follow through on this ridiculous religious stuff more than Bush did. As with several issues, it's not like Obama is a lot better. But this is certainly reason #1324 that even if you have issues with Obama you still shouldn't vote for Romney.

Update: This is why I said Obama isn't much better than Romney on this issue:

Obama campaign spokeswoman Jennifer Psaki told reporters traveling with the president in Florida, according to a pool report. "The president believes as much that God should be taken off a coin as he does that aliens will attack Florida. It’s an absurd question to be raised.”

It's absurd that Obama has the same position as Romney on this issue, and that the question should even be raised. I'm sure Obama believes in the issue only slightly less than Romney and conservatives. But he obviously won't even bother suggesting there is another side to this issue because he doesn't want to piss off voters. And that's why these unconstitutional policies never get changed. Until a Democratic politician gets some courage, In Batman I Trust.

Comments