Skip to main content

Pawlenty gets it right

When asked what Lady Gaga song is his favorite he says:

"In terms of the beat, I like ‘Bad Romance'.

I gotta say, even though she’s a little unusual, ‘Born this Way’ has got some appeal. She’s actually very talented. If you go to the end of the HBO special -- the Lady Gaga HBO special -- and you watch her sing acapella, “Born This Way,” she can sing. She can definitely sing. She’s talented.”

Bad Romance is a fantastic song, as is the video that accompanies it. Its definitely one of my favorite Gaga songs, probably in the top 2 along with Just Dance. Funny that he has to qualify his like of Born this Way because the song is so obviously about gay rights and tolerance of people in general and Pawlenty knows his party is almost the opposite of that. But he is right there too because it does have a catchy chorus. In fact, her ability to build up to a powerful and catchy chorus is probably what I like the most about Gaga musically. And Bad Romance might be the best example of that ability.

Listen to the part before the chorus when she is saying, "You know that I want you. You know that I need you. I want it bad...bad..bad...". Right after that there is a very brief lull and then the music and her voice kick back in with the chorus. Good stuff.

Comments