Skip to main content

I've got no motivation

I'm listening to Green Day right now. That's a line from one of their songs off Dookie. Its kind of how I feel right now. I haven't felt much like blogging lately. I've finally got some job stuff going on. So I've been focused mainly on that. Hopefully it results in making money soon. You don't really understand how expensive a college education is until you start getting the bills.

But hey, I guess its my fault that I took two years to find out what I wanted to do with my life. That resulted in me hitting the job market at the worst possible time to do so over the past 50 years. Though one of the reasons I blog is that our elected officials aren't doing nearly enough to help people out during this time. And that pisses me off because there are a ton of people out there a lot worse than me.

I wish I knew something about Libya. That's the big news story in politics right now. And I guess the other reason I haven't blogged much is because I don't have much to say about it. Its good that people have overthrown an oppressive dictator. But as we have seen in other instances, that doesn't immediately make things great for the country and its people. The one thing I do have to say is that I don't like the way Obama has handled the whole thing. He has basically ignored Congress and played semantics with the definition of words, i.e hostilities.

Not much else is going on in politics right now. The Republican primary process is underway. But the only thing I find compelling about that is the crazy shit they say. And even I get tired of pointing out how ridiculous they can be.

I don't even care much about what is going on in sports right now. Baseball is at the point where most of the playoff spots are set. So there isn't much drama there. And preseason football is annoying because its just a tease.

This post has gotten longer than I expected. Hopefully I get back to more regular posting soon. In the mean time, I'm off to watch some Community before I hit the sack. I can't get enough Alison Brie.

Comments