Skip to main content

The 7th Annual Pajiba 10 and my 5 freebies

It's time for one of my favorite internet traditions, the 7th Annual Pajiba 10. Get all of the details and see who is already in the Pajiba 10 Hall of Fame at the link. In short, you pick the five people you would cheat with if you had immunity. All the votes are tallied and the 5 people from each sex with the most votes make up the Pajiba 10.

Here are my votes from last year. I went with Alyson Hannigan, Alison Brie, Krysten Ritter, Aubrey Plaza, and Anne Hathaway. As I explained last year, I take into account whether someone is already in the Pajiba Hall of Fame (Alison Brie made it last year) and I weight their current or recent work more than their earlier work. I also don't include anyone who is in my Hall of Fame, which I'll post at the end. So here's my 5 freebies for 2013:

Krysten Ritter
Anna Kendrick
Jenna-Louise Coleman
Yvonne Strahovski
Amy Acker

Ritter is the only holdover from last year. Don't Trust the B in Apt 23 was canceled. But she will likely not be out of work for long. Beyond being uniquely gorgeous, she is very talented. Anna Kendrick hasn't quite gone mainstream yet. But she is so adorable and funny (follow her on twitter, she's great) that it won't be long before she's a star. Jenna-Loiuse Coleman was the latest companion of the Doctor on Doctor Who (I just started watching this season). I'm not sure if she will continue in that capacity. But at worst I hope she does and at best I'd like to see her as the new Doctor. Yvonne Strahovski is best known as Sarah Walker from Chuck. I've been rewatching that lately and she is just incredible. If she isn't at least thought about for every kick-ass female part in movies then casting directors need to be fired. And Amy Acker is a long time favorite of mine from her days on Angel where she played Fred. Most recently she is in Joss Whedon's Much Ado About Nothing. Beyond her work, she has the most beautiful smile ever and just seems like a genuinely sweet person.

Krysten Ritter is one more list away from getting into my Hall of Fame. Next year she will look to join a group consisting of Sarah Michelle Gellar, Kristin Kreuk, Alyson Hannigan, and Alison Brie. And because Pajiba and myself are progressive, for my female and gay readers I'd like to offer some suggestions: Tom Hardy, Jake Johnson (from New Girl), Daniel Craig (James Bond), Chris Pine (Captain James T. Kirk), and Henry Cavill (Superman). I would have said Christian Bale and Timothy Olyphant but they are already in the Pajiba Hall of Fame.

Comments