Skip to main content

Battlestar Galactica update

In case you don't follow me on Twitter I wanted to let you know that I have finished the show and I enjoyed the fraking hell out of it. It's one of my favorite shows ever. And I can't wait to watch it again. The reason I didn't post anything about the last handful of episodes is because there was so much going on that I wanted to wait until the end. And then the end came and there was so much going on that I couldn't, and still can't, wrap my head around it all. I'm going to need to watch the finale at least one more time to fully grasp everything.

But deeper analysis aside, I thought it was great. It combined everything good sci-fi should be; good characters, good plot, good action, and good visuals. What makes the show so great is it did all of those things at a very high level. And for a poli sci nerd like myself it threw in some politics for good measure.

I'll try to do one wrap up post where I give my thoughts on the finale and maybe even look back on some of my posts about the show from the beginning. I've got the first season on dvd. But I really enjoyed watching two episodes every Saturday on BBC America. Since they are airing it again (starting not this weekend but the next, iirc) from the beginning I might stick with that routine. If for some reason you are reading this and haven't seen the show I highly encourage you to watch it. It's fraking great.

Comments