Skip to main content

A good night's sleep

A few nights ago I had the best night of sleep I've had in a long time. I wasn't any more tired than normal when I went to bed. And I didn't do anything out of the ordinary that day.

But on this rare occasion I didn't wake up in the middle of the night or early in the morning. I don't know how rare that is for the general population. But its pretty rare for me.

The one thing I noticed is that I remember the dream I had, which I usually don't. And if I do remember my dreams its usually because I wake up as I'm about to hit something after a long fall or a snake is chasing me. But this was a really good dream which I won't go into detail about here.

So I wonder if there is a some kind of correlation between how well I slept and my ability to remember my dream. Does a more vivid dream mean you are in a deeper sleep? Could that deeper level of sleep be why I didn't wake up? And how do I achieve it more often, especially the plot of the dream?

Comments